Your Dream Vacation Begins Here
Unwind with a cocktail in hand and watch one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world unfold before your eyes - trust us when we tell you you'll wish time will slow down so you can soak in the moment a bit longer here.
If you're looking for a laid-back beach getaway spot, you're looking in the right place! Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa is a luxurious beachfront resort in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, boosting a tranquil, tropical vibe with a tinge of romance. The resort houses a total of 492 rooms and suites, a collection of lovely restaurants and bar, a picturesque spa, as well as its own private jetty which will allow guests to head out to neighbouring coral islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park in just 10 minutes!
About Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
Framed by swaying palm trees, dotted with beach cabanas, and surrounded by rugged landscapes, clear blue waters, and scenic beauty, the dreamy Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa is quite literally a slice of paradise on earth. It's popular especially amongst couples looking for a romantic getaway and also families in search of a beach adventure.
The resort is equipped within an extensive range of services and facilities to push your dream vacation up a notch. Here are some of our favourite facilities available at the resort:
- Private beach - Stroll along the resort's private beach during sunset or strap on your sport shoes and head for a morning beach jog before you start your day. Don't forget to snap a photo on the pretty swing by the beach with the blue sky and ocean as your backdrop!
- The STAR Marina - The STAR Marina is a marina exclusively owned and operated by the resort, offering professional water sport services, boating and cruise facilities, as well as a learning centre for dive enthusiasts. Guests can also enjoy easy accessibility to neighbouring islands with daily shuttle services - your island-hopping trip is just a short boat ride away!
- The Swimming Pool - Have a refreshing soak with views of the ocean and landscapes in the distance, or even during sunset when the sky is painted hues of orange, yellow, and red. The pool is divided into an adults-only infinity pool and a family-friendly section complete with a mini water park that's great for the little ones. The beach chairs that line the pool are great for sunbathing or just to relax on with your favourite book.
- The Sunset Bar - Catch a world-famous sunset that will take your breath away while sippping on a Sabah Golden Sunset Cocktail that tastes as good as it sounds. Don't forget to head over earlier to get a good spot if you're planning to catch a sunset from the bar! Order some small bites or drinks and watch the sun go down.
- Coco Joe's Bar & Grill - Complete your beach holiday with a seafood dinner with your toes in the sand! Lounge on one of the resort's beach side cabanas and tuck in to your dinner with sounds of overlapping waves.
- Chi, The Spa - The resort's spa is renowned as one of the most picturesque spas in Kota Kinabalu, offering treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies that will calm your mind down, loosen up your tense muscles, and promise you a good night's sleep after a long day out in the sun.
- The Kinabalu Club Lounge - Enjoy evening cocktails, unlimited wine, beer, and canapes at the resort's beautiful lounge.
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa is strategically located along Kota Kinabalu's popular Tanjung Aru beach and an easy 10-minute drive away from both the Kota Kinabalu city and the airport!
Book Your Stay On Klook
Enjoy up to 15% off your stay and other added benefits at Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa with staycation packages available on Klook! You'd think spending a night in this slice of paradise will cost you a bomb, but it's actually quite affordable and super worth the value.
The rooms at the resort are beautifully-furnished, spacious, and offer panoramic views of the ocean - you won't even need to leave your room to soak in the ocean breeze.
Book a room for two from RM599 per night (only RM299 per person!) that comes inclusive of early check-in (10AM) and late check-out (6PM) benefits, automatic room upgrade, complimentary island transfers to your choice of Manukan, Sapi or Mamutik Island (with snorkelling equipment included), picnic lunch, breakfast, 1-hour non-motorized water sports, and use of all facilities!
More Sabah Trip Inspiration
Things To Do Eat & Drink Travel Essentials Accommodation Transportation
18 Best Things To Do In Sabah: Befriend Orphaned Orangutans, Try Tuaran Mee, And Catch Beautiful Sunsets!
If Sabah isn't on your travel list - it's time to add it on! From pristine beaches to breathtaking nature, we've compiled some best things to do when in Sabah.
Things To Do Eat & Drink Transportation Accommodation Travel Essentials
Complete Semporna Travel Guide: Where To Stay, What To Do, And More Travel Tips!
If this isn't heaven on earth, we're not sure what is. Plan your trip to Semporna, the Maldives of Malaysia located in Sabah with this travel guide!