Katherine Gorge Cruise and Edith Falls
Visit Darwin's most popular destination
- Get up close to freshwater crocodiles on a two hour cruise tour of Katherine Gorge
- Visit Adelaide River War Cemetery to pay respects to the many men and women who lost their lives during WWII
- Explore more than 292,000 hectares of rugged landscapes and thundering waterfalls at Nitmiluk National Park
- Enjoy refreshing water at Edith Falls and take a dip in the waterhole beneath the falls, weather permitting!
- Experience the spirit and culture of the indigenous people by admiring their rock art
- Purchase meaningful and unique souvenirs at the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre
What to expect
Start an incredibly scenic and enjoyable day tour to Katherine Gorge with a morning pick up from your hotel departing for the Nitmiluk National Park. On the way, you will pass by the Adelaide River War Cemetery where you will be given time to stroll around and explore the memorial dedicated to the men and women who have lost their lives during WWII. You may also purchase a morning tea to freshen up at your own expense. Next, you will arrive at Nitmiluk National Park, a rugged natural landscape that stretches out for more than 292,000 hectares. You will visit Edith Falls at the park and, weather permitting, you can even take a head dive into the waterhole beneath the falls. After your tour to the falls, you will admire all the amazing Aboriginal rock art throughout the park, representing the deep spiritual culture at Nitmiluk. Afterwards, enjoy a lunch buffet served in the lush shaded outdoor of the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre, where you can also purchase souvenirs and handmade artwork. The main highlight of the tour is the Katherine Gorge Cruise, which will take you down the heart of Katherine Gorge. Look out for those freshwater crocodiles and wildlife surrounding you! At around 8:30pm, your tour will end and you will be taken back to your hotel in comfort.