Soak up Cairns' nature on a beautiful train ride
- Experience one of the most unique rail journeys in Australia at Kuranda Scenic Railway in Tropical North Queensland!
- This famous railway winds its way on a journey from Cairns to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest, with Freshwater situated along the line with views of the surrounding mountains
- Rising from sea level to 327 metres, the journey to Kuranda passes spectacular waterfalls and into the stunning Barron Gorge
- The journey includes an English commentary and all passengers receive a commentary companion which includes information on the history of the railways construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda
- Upon reaching the village of Kuranda a rich assortment of interesting attractions and unique shopping experiences awaits you
Discover the lush beauty of Australian countryside on a fun trip on Kuranda Scenic Railway, one of the most unique rail journeys in Australia, with over 120 years of history!
The picturesque ride takes you through the impressive Macalister Range, passes through the beautiful suburbs of Stratford, Freshwater and Redlynch before reaching Kuranda, the village in the rainforest.
The train stops at a stunning viewing platform at Barron Falls, a steep cascade waterfall - so have your camera ready to create amazing memories of the trip.
This ticket buys you the journey in the train’s classic Heritage Carriage - the refurbished red-wooden carriage that makes for an authentic old world experience. Travel in comfort and listen to the audio commentary to learn more about the locations you are passing. Catch some free WiFi at Freshwater railway station and share your experiences on the trip!