12 Apostles, Otways & Great Ocean Road Hiking Adventure from Melbourne
- Get to explore Victoria’s most sought-after natural attractions on this hiking adventure!
- See the famous collection of limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles before the masses of people arrive
- Take a 1-kilometer stroll along the boardwalk to view the stacks before continuing onto Gibson Steps
- Have the chance to spot native koalas, king parrots, and kangaroos as you hike along the way
- Venture off the beaten track through ancient rainforests to the dreamy Beauchamp Falls
- Explore the iconic Great Ocean Road on foot accompanied by a knowledgeable guide
What to expect
Our small group (8 guests max) will depart Melbourne and head straight to the famous 12 Apostles before the masses of people arrive. Here we will take a 1km stroll along the boardwalk while appreciating the stunning views of the limestone stacks before continuing onto another spectacular scene, Gibson Steps. We walk down the 70m cliffside pathway to the beach where there is plenty of time to take some incredible photos. Next it’s time for a delicious lunch at our favourite local cafe before we’ll drive through the magical Great Otway National Park and take a 3km hike through ancient rainforests to the dreamy Beauchamp Falls (where the big bus companies can’t go).
Our next stop we will take a stroll amongst the giants of the forest at the Californian Redwoods before continuing along the iconic Great Ocean Road stopping at Apollo Bay for an optional ice cream. Kennett River is next where you’ll get the chance to spot native koalas, king parrots & kangaroos going about their routines. We will take a quick stop in the beautiful town of Lorne where you can walk along the beach or simply grab an afternoon snack before heading back to Melbourne.
Things to note
What To Bring:
- Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
- Water bottle (1L)
- Cash or credit card for lunch (around AUD 25)
- Warm layers just in case
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
- Swimsuit & a towel for a swim in the ocean (optional on summer months)