Hell's Gate Mud Bath and Spa in Rotorua
Soak in natural mud baths and sulphurous spas
- Hell’s Gate mud spa is a historic New Zealand experience, where the healing properties of the geothermal mud and sulphur mineral water have been used by local Māori for over 800 years
- The mud gently exfoliates the skin, and you'll leave rejuvenated and feeling fresh, ready for the rest of your New Zealand adventure
- Take a guided or self-guided interactive tour of Hell's Gate,and witness erupting waters, an active mud volcano, land coral and a hot waterfall
- Try your hand at Māori carving and get your hands and feet dirty in the healing mud foot pool
- You can only experience the beauty, healing properties and awe-inspiring power of Hell's Gate in person!
What to Expect from Hell's Gate Mud Spa
After a packed holiday exploring Rotorua, unwind at the surreal geothermal valley of Hells Gate. This is home to New Zealand's largest active mud volcano, featuring boiling hot pools, geysers, hot water lakes and even land coral!
There are several mud baths and sulphurous spas which you can soak in, they naturally increase blood circulation and help cleanse and soften your skin while you enjoy the stunning geothermal landscape views from the spa.
Hell’s Gate Sulphur Spas - Includes soaking in the sulphur spas and cool plunge pool.
Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk - Includes Māori carving and mud foot pool.
Hell’s Gate Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa - Includes bathing in the world-famous mud baths, then soaking in the sulphur spas and cool plunge pool.
Hell’s Gate Thermal Experience - Includes the geothermal walk which takes between one and one and a half hours, as well as Māori carving, sulphur spas and cool plunge pool.