Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Ticket in Gold Coast
Meet hundreds of your favorite Aussie animals
- Greet and learn about Australia's colorful birdlife, from the Australian Pelican to parrots and eagles at the Free Flight Bird Show
- Visit the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital and get a birds eye view of the vets hard at work
- Venture inside the zoological garden and see various animals including Tasmanian devils, lemurs, and more
- Get up close with a koala and receive a memorable photo with this cuddly creature, captured by a professional photographer (extra cost)
- The Sanctuary is open Thursday - Monday from 9am to 4pm, but lorikeet feeding is held daily at 8am and 4pm to start your day with a great experience up close with the animals
What to expect
The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has been dedicated to preserving Australian wildlife since 1947, when Alex Griffiths began feeding the abundant local lorikeets. Today, it is a wildlife sanctuary and conservation zoo that shares the unique native Australian animals with both local and international visitors. There are hundreds of animals who call the sanctuary home, from the famous kangaroos and koalas of Australia to the endangered Tasmanian Devils, saltwater crocodiles and dingos. Aside from meeting these interesting creatures, you'll have the chance to get up closer with some of them, such as with the Australian Sheep Shearing Show or the Free Flight Bird Show which is on daily. Here you'll learn about Australia's varying and colourful birdlife, from the pelican to the rainbow lorikeet, and at the end of the show, get to take a photo with one of the birds. If you are after an iconic photo with a koala, there are 54 koalas who live in the sanctuary, and you can cuddle up with one (at an extra cost)!
If you’re a fan of Australia’s diverse fauna, then a visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary in Gold Coast is a must.