The Habitat Penang Hill Tickets
- Enjoy an impressive 360-degree panoramic view of Penang Island from the highest viewing point of Penang, The Habitat Penang Hill
- Visit and explore the diverse flora and fauna that grows within The Habitat Penang Hill
- Be mesmerized by the biodiversity of the rainforest canopy valleys and the views of the Andaman Sea and George Town on top of the 230m Langur Way Canopy Walk
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Penang's 130-million-year-old rainforest and its magical nature that will surely uplift your overall health and state of mind
What to Expect at The Habitat Penang Hill
A trip to Malaysia wouldn’t be complete without a visit to The Habitat Penang Hill! The Habitat is home to the most authentic, diverse, and educational rainforest experience in Malaysia. It is located at Jalan Bukit Bendera, 11300 Penang Island, Penang, Malaysia, and is only accessible via the Penang Hill funicular train services to the upper station. The tunnel track of the funicular train is the steepest track in the world and the longest in Asia.
The world-class rainforest discovery centre of Penang Hill sits on the fringes of a forest reserve protected since 1911. The park consists of a 1.6 km nature trail that was built by the British East India Company in the early 1800s at the oldest British hill station in Southeast Asia, just less than 10km away from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of George Town.
Apart from the myriad of flora and fauna that are discoverable along our nature trail, visitors will enjoy breath-taking views of Bukit Bendera Malaysia and the surrounding areas of Penang Hill on top of the 13-meter high Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk, the highest public viewing point on Penang Island, 800-meters above sea level. You can catch the sunrise above nature or get a glimpse of the unparalleled night view of George Town from the top.
Things to note
- Visitors will need a Penang Hill tram ticket to reach and avail of The Habitat normal walk admission ticket
- If you want to skip the queue, you can purchase fast lane tram tickets to Penang Hill Upper Station at a discounted price
- Get more details on MyKad/MyKid holders rate and the other available promotional tickets directly at the counter
- Please note: Penang Hill Funicular will be shut down for the scheduled maintenance from 1-11 Mar 2021 and there is no other access/ways to the park. Please avoid using Habitat booking vouchers during the affected period and reschedule your visit
- All proceeds of The Habitat park and attractions are channeled towards The Habitat Foundation. It is a non-profit organization created to fund conservation efforts to save and protect the rich nature and greenery of Penang Hill