Tweed River Catch a Crab Tour from Gold Coast
- Try this unforgettable "catch a crab" cruise out on Tweed River in Gold Coast!
- It's fun and food fit for the whole family, with a host of activities to try your hand on while on board
- In the Tweed River Catch a Crab cruise, you'll try pelican feeding, yabbie pumping, and live mud crab trapping
- Watch the entertaining and educational crab show and sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery
- Head to an oyster farm to learn about their methods and even try some fresh oysters
What to expect
This is a tour with a difference out in Gold Coast, Australia. Join a hardy crew on board a boat that heads down the Tweed River where you will try your hand at trapping some live mud crabs right out of the water. It's a great adventure that'll bring fun and joy for the whole family as all the equipment will be provided for you. Under the watchful guidance of the crew, you'll learn how to trap the crabs, haul them out of the water, and even determine which ones are good quality. You can also feed some of the wild pelicans hankering for a handout on the boat, and learn how to pump for yabbies! Yabbies are crustaceans often hidden under the mud, so you'll have to use special pumps to fish them right out. After all the fun adventures on board, you'll head to a local oyster farm for a tour and even sample from delicious fresh oysters. It's an absolutely enjoyable (and delicious!) tour to enjoy out in Gold Coast.
Things to note
What To Wear:
- Dress in casual clothes such as shorts, t-shirts, slippers, sandals, or sneakers
- Bring a jacket during cooler weather
- Wear a sun hat for sun protection. The crew can supply sun protection cream
- Brin a change of clothes for yabbie pumping