Take a ride on New Zealand's only running funicular railroad
- Take a scenic round trip ride on the historic Wellington Cable Car, the only operating funicular railroad in New Zealand
- The 5 minute ride showcases the hidden charm of Wellington and allows you to spend as long as you want at the summit.
- See the Botanic Gardens, and terraced houses of Kelburn and Wellington cities as you ascend up
- Get ready for stunning views from the Kelburn Lookout
- Connect to easy transportation to Wellington attractions such as the Botanic Gardens, Cable Car Museum, Space Place (at Carter Observatory) and Zealandia (via free shuttle)
The Wellington Cable Car has been running for over 100 years and has long been a cherished part of Wellington history for locals. Join visitors and locals alike aboard a short journey from the heart of Wellington CBD, through the Kelburn area and past the cosy terraced houses up towards the Kelburn Lookout. After taking in the stunning views of the city skyline and harbor at Te Whanganui-a-Tara, you can easily make your way to several other attractions, from the beautifully landscaped Botanic Gardens to the Space Place or Zealandia. Choose to take the Cable Car back down or take a scenic 40 minute stroll back down if you want to stretch your legs.