- Hop onboard the Dolphin Explorer, a luxury 20 metre boat purpose built to maximise your viewing experience
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge and Rangitoto Island as you sail to explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Four and a half hours of widlife wonder, including whales, dolphins, seals, rare seabirds and more
- On a typical cruise you can expect to see Bryde’s Whales and Common and Bottlenose Dolphins, but if you're lucky you might even see an Orca or Killer Whale!
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists onboard
- Sighting Guarantee means that if you don't spot any marine mammals, you can come back for free!
Just off the coast of Auckland are pods of whales and dolphins, and you'll be able to see them through an unforgettable cruise that allows you to explore Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Climb aboard and with the company and commentary of an experienced crew, you'll head into open waters of the gulf, seeking out these brilliant mammals. On the way, you'll also sight some rare seabirds that can only be found in New Zealand, as they hunt over the surface. Among the most popular dolphins to spot out in the gulf are the common and bottlenose dolphins, but if you're truly lucky, you'll sight the magnificent Orca, or killer whale (which is actually a dolphin!). The pods of whales are humpbacks, long-finned pilot whales, minke whales, and southern right whales, but there's also the chance that you might see the biggest animal in the entire world: the blue whale. All these species depend upon the season, and your onboard guides will give you fascinating information about these sea mammals as you enjoy your cruise.