Night Paddle at Cheung Chau Island
Experience Hong Kong's islands from a different perspective
- Kayak beneath the night sky along Cheung Chau's coastline
- Watch the distant lights of Hong Kong island as you paddle away
- If you're lucky, get to see a bioluminescence algae glow beside your paddle as you kayak along the coastline
- After the tour, drop by Cheung Chau's famous night market and try out a variety of snacks like the island's iconic buns, seafood and cold drinks
Most recent review
What to expect
Paddle underneath the stars along the coastline of Cheung Chau island with this evening night paddle activity and get to see Cheung Chau from a completely different perspective! Just bring yourself, a companion (or an entire group of travelers!), and prepare yourself for an experience you'll never forget. Meet up with the tour group at the Windsurf Centre, learn the basics of kayaking thanks to your professional instructors, and paddle away. Row along the coastline and who knows? You might even see the bioluminescent algae light up the sea below you. After your sea kayaking activity is done, you can head down to the town and visit the night markets. Grab some drinks and indulge in the local products (at own cost) - a perfect way to end the evening!
Things to note
- Please always be considerate of your actions. Keep your voices to a minimum, tread lightly, paddle slowly and do not leave any trash!
What To Bring:
- Red light source (waterproof preferably)
- Shoes that can get wet
- A warm layer of clothes and some money for a beer afterwards