Hobbiton and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Day Tour from Auckland
- Join this tour to explore the intriguing Waitomo Glowworm Caves and the Hobbiton movie set!
- Take a boat cruise, see thousands of glowworms, and witness 120 years of cultural and natural history
- Stroll around Middle Earth as you visit sets of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogies
- Experience this with a small and intimate group led by an English-speaking tour guide
- Travel comfortably with the inclusive hotel pick up and drop off for Auckland
What to expect
This day tour from Auckland brings together two of the best attractions in New Zealand. The first is a tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set where you’ll get to walk around Middle Earth. Get to see and take pictures of locations where they shot scenes for ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogies. Hear fascinating stories from the shoot as well, and by the end of it, enjoy a drink at the Green Dragon Inn and indulge in a buffet lunch. Afterward, drive to the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves where you will board a boat cruise. Sail along calm waters and observe the mysterious galaxy of worms. Make sure you listen to your English-speaking tour guide as they explain what makes these creatures glow. After that, enjoy some afternoon tea if you want on your way back to Auckland.