- Admire local Sasak handicrafts at Sukarara and Banyumulek villages, known for their textiles and pottery
- Step back in time and admire local Sasak architecture, almost completely untouched by the modern world after 5000 years of Sasak civilization
- Learn from an experienced local guide about the local Sasak people and their cultural history
- Feel the sand between your toes on Lombok’s best beaches
Scratch below the surface of Lombok with this discovery tour of the local Sasak people. Their culture is very distinct from that of nearby Hindu Bali and of wider Indonesia and is reflected in the island’s more reserved feel. Start your day with a horse cart ride to the Banyumulek village, where skilled Sasak potters ply their trade. Afterwards, head over to Sukarara village and marvel at the intricate textile weavings known as ikat-ikat and songket. Take a break to enjoy some of the island’s best beaches and lookout points on the spectacular Lombok south coast. After lunch, visit the exclusive Tanjung A’an area and watch the surfers take on the waves at Seger beach. Finish off the day with a visit to Sade Traditional Village to see some of the best examples of local Sasak architecture, frozen in time after 5000 years and a reminder of a simpler time.
- Casual clothes with comfortable walking shoes are recommended for the tour
- You are also recommended to bring sunscreen and a hat alon