- Visit an authentic representation of New Zealand sheep farming and wool production.
- Get a fascinating insight into how we farm our sheep in NZ, and harvest and use their wool
- In the live show at 11:30am, watch close-up as the sheep are rounded up by the dogs, sorted and shorn
- Learn amazing facts about sheep, farming and wool from our show-presenters
- Plus the is Follow the Feedout where you watch staff give our animals their daily feed
- There’s also a farmyard full of friendly animals, the New Zealand Wool Story exhibition, an eco-trail through stunning native bush, and a great café
- Enjoy a break with a steaming cup of coffee or tea at Berries’ Cafe (at own expense)
They say that New Zealand has 20 sheep for every person — find out whether that’s true or not for yourself with an admission ticket to SheepWorld, New Zealand’s Sheep and Wool Centre. This immersive experience gives you a rare glimpse into rural New Zealand and traditional sheep farming ways. The farm visit is suitable for all ages and both children and adults are sure to have loads of fun learning about sheep farming and sheep wool industry, watching live demonstrations and more. SheepWorld offers a number of fun attractions: Wonderful Wool tells an interactive story of sheep's fleece, its processing and use; at NZ Farmyard you can get close to the farm animals, participate in feedings and see sheep dogs in action; Eco-Discovery Trail is a 400-metre trek through the bush, wetlands and streams and a display of the farm’s nature preservation program — finally, relax at Adventure Terrain and Picnic Area after the eventful day!