Explore the wonders of this walled city
- Get a glimpse into the life of the great Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan
- Explore the 1500-acre expanse of Shah Jahan's capital, Shahjahanabad
- Cycle through popular tourist stops like the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, the Spice Market
- Take a tea break at Civil Lines, the former British colonial area that contrasts the look of Old Delhi
- Enjoy an early morning breakfast at a renowned local restaurant
Experience the wonders of Old Delhi with this three hour cycling tour that gives you an exhilirating glimpse of this 1500-acre expanse. Also known as Shahjahanabad, this walled city in Delhi was one of the most prosperous and beautiful cities in the world during its construction in the 17th century. Learn about the life of the great Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, and the unique history of this city. Marvel at the unique blend of past and future as you pass through the four hundred year old alleys, with big meshes of electric cables everywhere and the scent of brewing tea and breakfast curry from houses. See the traditional architecture typical of Shah Jahan's time as you cycle past Turkman Gate and the Madras Colony. Take a relaxing break at Civil Lines and enjoy a cup of freshly-brewed chai, then wander off into the Delhi of the former British colonial area, with stops such as the Spice Market and the Jama Masjid. Enjoy a delicious breakfast meal at Karim's restaurant, locally-renowned, before the tour ends back at the Delite Cinema.