A 7-hour tour of the Jewish Synagogues in Cochin
- Go on a 7-hour immersive tour of Cochin with visits to its biggest and oldest synagogues
- Visit Paravoor, Chendamangalam Paradesi synagogues and admire its hand-painted floor tiles and ornate brass decoration
- Relax on a 1-hour cruise through the backwaters and enjoy the beauty and tranquility of South Indian nature
- Fuel up with a delicious traditional Keralan lunch served onboard the cruise
- Benefit from convenient transfers to and from your hotel for this tour
This 7-hour private tour of Cochin gives you a unique inside look into the remnants of the area’s Jewish heritage. Start with an early morning pick up from your hotel or Cochin Port Ships and head to Paravoor synagogue built in 1615. Then, visit the Chendamangalam synagogue constructed during the 17th century and showcasing the lives and rituals of Kerala Jews. By lunchtime, you will be discovering the working process of the handloom weaving factory. Continue the tour with a drive to the port for a one hour backwater cruise to admire the area’s green paddy fields and traditional villages along the shore and indulge in a savory Keralan lunch conveniently served right on the cruise. Around 3pm, stop by Paradesi synagogue at Mattancherry, the oldest active synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations. The tour concludes at 4pm with a drop off at your hotel or Cochin Port.