See the best of Cochin on a private tour
- Visit the famous Cochin Fort with Chinese fishing nets and learn about the lifestyle of local fishermen
- Explore St. Francis Church and admire the white-washed exterior of Santa Cruz Basilica Church
- Revel in the beauty of Mattancherry Palace and its stunning murals portraying scenes from the Ramayana and Mahabharata
- Stop by the Paradesi Synagogue, Jewish Synagogue and wander around Jew Town
- If your schedule allows, do some shopping for spices, handicrafts and antiques or have a local authentic lunch
Explore Cochin on a 4-hour private day tour and see its famous landmarks. The trip starts with a hotel pick up and takes you to Cochin Fort, the first European township in India. Here, you can see Chinese fishing nets along the Vasco Da Gama Square (named to commemorate the first European explorer to set sail for India) and learn about the life of local fishermen then and now. Go on to visit two of the largest and oldest European churches in the region: St. Francis Church (the burial place of Vasco da Gama) and Santa Cruz Basilica Church. At around 11am you will arrive at the Mattancherry Palace where you can enjoy its beautiful murals depicting scenes from popular Hindu tales. Afterwards, you head towards the Paradesi Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations before exploring Jew Town and the Jewish Synagogue. If time allows, relax over a local lunch and shop around for souvenirs before heading back to your hotel.