Discover Cochin by sea and by land
- Go on a 2-hour city boat cruise round the Kochi Harbor and Bolghatty Island
- Discover the area by land with visits to Paradesi Synagogue, Mattancherry Palace and more landmarks
- Explore majestic European churches like Santa Cruz Basilica and St. Francis Church
- Stop by to see the Chinese fishing nets, introduced by traders from the court of Kublai Khan in the 14th century
- If time allows, shop for spices, handicrafts and antiques or stop to enjoy a local lunch
This 6-hour City Boat Cruise Tour with Glimpse of Cochin lets you explore the area in full by combining a tour on water with a tour on land. The adventure starts with an early pick up from your hotel or Cochin Port from where you head to board your boat for a two-hour cruise around the Kochi Harbor area and Bolghatty Island, a picturesque little island in the Ernakulam district. After the cruise, pay a visit to Paradesi Synagogue and explore Kerala's old Jewish artifacts. Then, proceed to Mattancherry Palace built by the Portuguese in 1557 and continue towards the market area for shopping and stop by a street cafe for a delicious traditional lunch. After fueling up, visit the two famous churches: Santa Cruz Basilica and St. Francis Church (the burial place of Vasco da Gama). At around 2pm head over to see Chinese fishing nets and see what life is like for local fishermen. By 3pm you should be back at your hotel with plenty of time left to do more exploring.