Learn about the history of the Indian and South Asian communities
- Visit the Indian Heritage Centre, the first museum in Southeast Asia to focus on the Indian population in Singapore
- Learn about the historical links between the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia
- Discover the richness of Indian culture and the pioneers in Singapore's indian community
- Marvel at the sight of the building that blends traditional Indian architecture with modern ones
- Go on a Little India Walking Tour before visiting the Indian Heritage Centre and take in the sights and sounds of the historical precinct
- Enjoy culture? Visit the Malay Heritage Centre or Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and get to know more about the history behind Singapore’s local communities
Get a chance to learn all about the history of Singapore's Indian community with a visit to the Indian Heritage Centre. Know as the first museum in Southeast Asia to focus on the diverse heritage of the local Indian community, the building stuns with its iconic design that combines elements of traditional Indian architecture with modern ones, allowing for a structure that's not only unique but sustainable as well. Check out the variety of exhibitions inside, such as "Indians in Singapore: Past & Present," which depict the experiences of the Indian community from 1st century CE to the present through artifacts and interactive displays, as well as "Symbols & Scripts: The Language of Craft," which traces the rich material heritage across various Indian communities. Free guided tours in English, Tamil, and Mandarin are also available during select days.