Beyond the lattes, bubble teas and matcha frappes of today, has our local Singaporean coffee and tea culture been truly forgotten? Discover the bygone days of our kopis (coffee) and cha (teas) and the role it had in the everyday lives of our early immigrants in this interactive walking food tour. You will never see your 'kopi c" or "teh o" in the same way again!
- Enjoy a Michelin recommended traditional Bak Kut Teh lunch with curated Tea Pairing, and learn about its rich dark history and coolie heritage
- Get ready for a caffeine fix, we will be tasting many variations of teas and coffees!
- Visit one of the oldest original Tea Merchants, who still has tea roasting and blending in their shop. Find out the difference between Temple, Nanyang and Ping Pong teas! Try your hand at folding a traditional tea packet and enjoy a tea fragrance session of different varieties. Receive a gift tea packet
- Taste different varieties of Singapore style Kopi, and find out why coolies preferred butter in theirs; understand the lingo of Kopitiam, and why we mix languages when ordering!
- Find a secret shop which still sells all the original old-school Kopi cups, bowls and tiffin boxes, at back-alley rates