- Gin & Tonic, a drink which is now a trendy pastime and one that is so popular the world over was the “drug” that helped the British empire
- The quinine in tonic was used as an antimalarial drug and so the “afternoon drink” was also a shot against the malarial mosquito. Today, “empire” is a dirty word. But the Gin & Tonic lives on
- The drink went from a bitter medicinal tipple in tropical outposts to a mainstay of British clubs and bars by World War I and summer retreats and country club lounges in America
- Join our experienced World War II guide as he takes you back to the “empire”, to Labrador Park where gun emplacements, casemates, machine gun pillboxes once stood to protect Singapore
- We come back to the present at Brass Lion Distillery, where you continue the journey of learning about the gin distilling process, and how the distillery’s signature Singapore Dry Gin came about with 22 botanicals comprising of traditional Asian flavours like torch ginger and lemongrass!
- End the experience on a tipsy note with a tasting flight of three gins! Cheers!
- This unique and amazing tour is brought to you by Xperience DMC!