- Take a hand-cranked boat and visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market from Bangkok
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise along the river and experience the charm of the 'Venice of the East'
- Witness as each vendor at Maeklong Railway Market quickly folds their shops as the train passes by the area
- Visit one of the oldest cathedrals in Bangkok and marvel at its European-style architecture
Looking for an immersive experience in Thailand? Well, you're in luck! Book a full day tour around the waterways of the "Venice of the East"! During the early years of Thailand, people often use the canals as the primary form of transport. The canal and river network of the city stretched hundreds of kilometers that connected houses, public spaces, and temples. It also served as transport corridors for commercial goods, hence the popularity of floating markets. Each motorboat ride slices through the city, making it convenient for shopping and sightseeing. Take a sneak peek into everyday city life, as you witness well-dressed office workers and students hop on and off the motorboats in the river. During the tour, your English speaking guide will take you to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. This market is famous for its waterborne food vendors who cook up fresh seafood on their boats and serve them to diners in floating restaurants. After that, you'll drop by at Mekong Railway Market where a line of vendors sells their fresh produce along a busy rail track. As you continuously make your way to the crisscrossing canals of the city, you'll drop by a stunning European-style cathedral, a dessert museum, and the Royal Art Park. Wrap up the entire tour with a scenic view of the sunset on the river.
What To Wear:
- Comfortable clothes and footwear
What To Bring:
- Bottled water
- Extra cash