- Hike at one of Thailand's best nature preserves and jump into the 7 tier Erawan Falls in Erawan National Park
- Cross the Bridge over River Kwai, the setting for the namesake World War 2 movie
- Visit WW2 memorials of Kanchanaburi, where the infamous Burma Death Railway was built with POW labor
- Walk in the footsteps of the thousands of Aussie POWs who cut through the mountains of Hellfire Pass by hand
- Choose from a 1-4 day customizable trip to see everything the province has to offer or just your favorites
Get back to nature in one of the most beautiful provinces in Thailand, Kanchanaburi. Just a few hours west of Bangkok along the border of Myanmar, Kanchanaburi offers a great mix of adventure, nature, and history. This 1-2 day customizable tour is great for travelers looking for an excursion from the urban chaos of Bangkok. You will be able to choose the sites you want to visit and a driver will take you around the whole region in a comfortable ride. You won’t have to worry about transport logistics between the sights of Kanchanaburi, which can be spread out and remote, with infrequent transport links. For World War 2 history buffs, Kanchanaburi has a wealth of historic sites, including the famous Bridge over the River Kwai, immortalized in the namesake 1957 war film. For a more active historical experience, head over to Hellfire Pass and hike through the paths that were once hand dug by Australian POWs for the Burma Death Railway. Listen to the stories of the war from audio guide as you trek across the rail line that nature has reclaimed. If you’d rather not relive history but love the great outdoors, check out one of the many national parks in Kanchanaburi. The Erawan National Park is one of the highlights of the region and features a 7 tier waterfall with emerald pools to swim and play in! Hiking opportunities are plentiful in the jungle trails around the province, with plenty of photo opportunities for nature and wildlife. Choose your favorite activities and make it a day trip from Bangkok, or try to fit it all in with a 2 day excursion (overnight in Kanchanaburi at your own expense).