Explore the medieval UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the beauties of Toledo, the city known as 'The City of Three Cultures', on a private coach journey
- Admire the city's architecture from all periods built in Arabian, Gothic, Moorish, Renaissance, and Baroque styles
- Visit the Church of St. Tomé that houses the finest work of El Greco, a great artist of the Spanish Renaissance
- Walk around Toledo’s impressive Cathedral, viewed as one of the top 10 cathedrals to visit in the whole of Spain
- Enjoy this medieval charm city that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and learn all about its culture, history and traditions through your guide in Spanish, English, or Chinese
There is a saying in Spanish that until you've seen Toledo, you haven't seen Spain–such is the unique beauty and fascinating history that awaits you in this walled medieval city! On this convenient guided tour from Madrid, you'll begin at the cathedral where you can admire the impressive medieval Gothic architecture. Next, you'll head to the Church of St. Tomé where you can gaze in awe at one of El Greco's finest works, 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz' as your guide takes you through the painting and explains the fascinating local legend that inspired it. Before viewing a live demonstration of damascene, a centuries-old technique of decorating steel with threads of silver and gold, you'll visit Santo Domingo El Antiguo, an 11th Century monastery that not only houses one of El Greco's earliest works but the crypt where the artist himself is buried. You'll then enjoy a panoramic sightseeing through this picturesque city and have the opportunity to snap some incredible photos before heading back to Madrid on a comfortable air-conditioned coach.
- Comfortable shoes recommended