- Book through Klook and experience dressing up as a maiko inside a renowned studio in Kyoto!
- Witness the traditional makeover process of the maiko and get to wear a beautiful kimono and a wig
- This comes with a photo shoot inside the studio or a tea room! Feel free to get creative with your poses
- To commemorate this experience, you’ll be handed a small photo book containing the photos
If you’re visiting the picturesque city of Kyoto and looking to partake in cultural experiences and practices, then book through Klook for a maiko makeover inside the renowned Maiko-Henshin Studio Shiki! The maiko are apprentice geisha and their role is to perform songs and dances. Through this activity, you’ll go through the traditional makeover process of the maiko and get fitted with a beautiful kimono and wig. Once you’re in costume, you’ll be brought inside a picture or tea room where the studio staff will take photos of you. Feel free to get creative with your poses because you’ll be handed a small photo book at the end of the activity containing the photos that you can show off to your family and friends. If you select the packages that allow you to go on an hour-long stroll, you can roam around the nearby streets while in costume and take awesome snapshots of yourself with Kyoto’s iconic landmarks as your backdrops. This is definitely a must for those looking to experience Japanese culture through clothing.
- You can also avail of other services such as photography inside the exclusive tea room or the Japanese style room for extra fees