- Feel the rush of flying over Franz Josef Glacier and marvel at its many icefalls on this exhilarating helicopter flight!
- Experience a 20 minute scenic flight and the thrill of a snow landing in the largely inaccessible alpine region
- In the air, you're 6,000 feet up with the most incredible views of this steep, beautiful glacier
- Feel the ice and snow crunch beneath your feet as you admire the breathtaking alpine landscape
Get an unforgettable bird's eye view of the world famous Franz Josef Glacier, one of the most dazzling and vital natural resources in the West Coast of New Zealand. This steep glacier that has settled in the alpine regions of the country, largely inaccessible save from the air due to its steep incline, is ever changing and moving. During your 20 minute flight, you'll behold the splendid ice formation that has become a vital part of life for its township. More than just ice and snow, the glacier is part of a beautiful West Coast landscape that you'll only be able to truly appreciate from your 6,000-foot flight, and from right up at the snow itself. Land down on the glacier, admire the blinding white snow crunching beneath your feet, and marvel at the power of nature.
What To Bring:
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow
- Camera or GoPro
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos