Discover local history at Singapore's oldest museum
- National Museum Singapore is SG Clean Certified. Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Explore 700 years of Singapore’s legacy and development through its immersive galleries
- View over 1,700 artifacts presented through creative storytelling at Singapore's oldest museum
- Enjoy museums? Visit the Malay Heritage Centre, Indian Heritage Centre or Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and get to know more about the history behind Singapore’s local communities
- You may also be interested in the National Gallery Singapore – Singapore’s newest and most iconic museum
- NMS will be providing free admission on 21 – 22 Aug 2021
From 1 Aug till 17 Oct 2021
- Picturing the Pandemic (Free Admission): A Visual Record of COVID-19 in Singapore is the National Museum of Singapore’s first exhibition introducing the museum’s new Collecting Contemporary Singapore initiative. This initiative seeks to document contemporary events and developments in Singapore by collecting related artefacts and stories through engagement with the public, with the current theme focused on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Klook exclusive: Redeem a Picturing the Pandemic exhibition-themed cushion featuring a selection of familiar elements that you will see in the exhibition when you purchase a National Museum of Singapore ticket on Klook and visit the museum from 1 Aug till the end of the exhibition. Two cushion designs are available and will be given out randomly to visitor. Limit to 1 redemption per ticket and only valid while stock lasts.
Explore the National Museum of Singapore – home to numerous historical artifacts and exhibits. Dating back to 1887, the National Museum of Singapore is the country's oldest museum and a cultural and architectural landmark. Despite its rich historical background, the museum's galleries have adopted the latest cutting edge display techniques that redefine the traditional museum experience. From humble beginnings to the present day metropolis, you'll learn about everything from daily life to the rapid development of this island nation over 700 years of Singapore history. The National Museum of Singapore hosts a variety of exhibitions, festivals, film screenings, and thought-provoking performances all year round – so you are sure to witness a truly great event during your visit.
- Baby strollers are permitted in all galleries
- Flash photography, videography, and the use of tripods and selfie sticks are not allowed in the galleries
- Visitors are recommended to switch their mobile phones to silent and refrain from talking loudly
- Visitors are encouraged to deposit their backpacks and bulky items at the lockers located on Level 2, opposite the Seminar Rooms and Basement. Lockers are available for SGD0.50 (small) or SGD1 (large)