- Spend a day exploring the secrets of Cochin, a perfect blend of natural beauty and history!
- Visit and explore the most beautiful, historical and natural tourist destinations in the city and discover its culture
- See the Jewish Synagogue, St. Francis Church, Mattancherry Palace, museums, shipyard and more
- Witness the famous Chinese nets in action as the fishermen go about their work
- If your schedule permits it, you can even do some shopping for spices, handicrafts or antiques around the town!
Cochin is so much more than a charming coastal village known for its fishing. This full day's sightseeing tour gives you a chance to discover the life, color and culture of this beautiful town. You will get picked up from your hotel and first head to the local synagogue, the Paradesi Synagogue. It's the oldest of its kind in the Commonwealth of Nations. After this, you will be able to explore Chochin's “Jew Town”, where the oldest Jewish people in India reside. The religious diversity of Cochin continues to be revealed with your next stops at St. Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Basilica Church, where you'll see the Christian influence at its greatest. There will be a break for lunch afterwards at one of the local restaurants so you can try some of the local cuisine. From here, you will explore a famous “Dutch Palace”, formally known as the Mattancherry Palace. This Portuguese edifice was built in 1557 and is a piece of important Cochin history. Then it's off to popular local locations such as the Thevara Museum and Hill Palace Museum, both of which will give you an more in depth look at the culture of the town, along with a visit to the Cochin Shipyard, which happens to be the very largest shipbuilding and maintenance facility in all of India. Here, at the port area, you'll be able to see the fishermen at work, and see the tools they use, such as the Chinese fishing nets. Fishing is a part of everyday life for the locals. Your last stop will be at the Bolgatty Palace and Marine Drive, which overlooks a splendid view of Laccadive Sea, and is a heritage location in Cochin. Your tour ends back at your hotel where you'll get dropped off, with far greater knowledge of Cochin's history and culture.