- Visit the ancient Temple of Preah Vihear dedicated as a place of worship for the Hindu god, Shiva
- The temple dates back to the 9th century, older than the famed Angkor Wat of Cambodia!
- Situated at the top of a cliff, be mesmerized by the unobstructed views of Cambodian plains
- Touring in a big or small group? Choose between two stylish transfers to fit your traveling party!
- Enjoy private round trip transfers from your hotel lobby to the temple and back for hassle-free travels
- A masterpiece of the Khmer Empire, marvel at the exceptional quality of architecture and stone ornamentations
Atop the cliffs of the Dangrek Mountains sits the Temple of Preah Vihear, a place of ruin and beauty preserved by nature and survived by culture. Explore the magnificent temple that dates back to the 9th century, older than the famous Angkor Wat, another Hindu temple in Cambodia. Considered as a masterpiece of the ancient Khmer Empire, uncover religious Hindu culture by traversing well-preserved ruins, authentic in its architecture and style. If you’re staying in downtown Siem Reap, journey to the temple by a convenient hotel pick up. After a 3-hour travel, gaze upon the remnants of Preah Vihear, mark its intricate stone ornamentations, and vast, clear views of Cambodian plains. For a more detailed tour around the temple complex, you can choose to hire a tour guide near the area. The UNESCO World Heritage Site, surrounded by a lush jungle and a serene environment, demands to be implored in careful detail. Comprising of four courtyards and five, ornate gopurams – entrance gateways to Hindu temples – the last vestiges of the Khmer Empire is truly a wonder to behold.
- Guides are available for hire upon reaching Temple of Preah Vihear for approximately USD10
What To Wear:
- Ladies are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves or bring something to wrap around your body