黃金廟 + 札連瓦拉園晨間半日遊
- Explore the 400 year old heritage of Amritsar with a visit to the Golden Temple, a key landmark of the city
- Visit the temple's mega kitchen that feeds over 100,000 people in a day
- Walk through the local market and learn from your guide the historic significance of these serpentine lanes
- Learn more about the history of Jallianwala Bagh massacre and visit a local museum
- Enjoy a cycle-rickshaw ride through the bustle of Amritsari bazaars
Enjoy a cultural and historical morning in Amritsar with a morning trip, accompanied by an English speaking guide. After a great breakfast of local cuisine in a roadside restaurant, or a dhaba, you head to the Golden Temple. This easily recognizable and key landmark of the city is the holiest gurdwara in the Sikh religion. Here, the faithful offer prayers and take a meal provided for free by the temples. You can offer prayers yourself and also visit the temple's mega kitchen to see these meals being created and served. Following this, you head to Jallianwala Bagh, a public garden with a somber history. This garden was made to commemorate the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre that took place right in Amritsar, when troops of the British army cut down participants of a peaceful protest. It serves as a grim reminder and something for you to reflect about at the end of your trip.