- Visit the most key landmarks and sightseeing destinations of the biggest city in Gujarat
- Inhabitated since 11th century, the city has emerged as an important economic and industrial hub
- Head to the main attractions, rich with centuries of history and culture
- Tour inside different temples like the Mata Vaishnodevi and Akshardham temples
- Drop by Sabarmati Ashram, Kankaria Lake, and Sabarmati Riverfront
Ahmedabad is the largest city in Gujarat, rich in stunning sightseeing destinations for the discerning tourist that seeks to explore a city that has emphasis on both local culture and religion. Your tour begins with a visit to the Sabarmati Ashram, otherwise known as the home of Mahatma Gandhi. Learn about this great man in this stop before heading to the Adalaj Stepwell, built in 1498, to admire its breathtaking architecture. Study its pillars, ornate carving, and the pool of water within before heading to Mata Vaishnodevi temple. This masterpiece of architectural beauty is one of the key landmarks of the city, having been visited by many international personages. After a brief lunch (at own expense) you continue on to the Calico Museum of Textiles, easily one of the most fascinating destinations in the city as you carefully observe hundreds of priceless textile work that dates back centuries, reflecting the era's style and aesthetic. In the Akshardham Temple complex, you'll discover what a Mandir, or an abode of God, means to the Indian people. Traditional spiritual culture is alive in its walls, spanning a millennia of worship and religion. Your final stop is Kankaria Lake, which offers you a breathtaking panorama of the city, as this circular lake is alive with the city's bustle all around its circumference, especially as the evening draws close and the lights come on. This tour is a great way to discover the city and all it has to offer.