See the marvels of the Ming dynasty
- Go on a cultural private day tour beyond the Beijing's usual sites to see Ming Dynasty's marvels
- See one of the most vital sections of the Great Wall, the Juyongguan fort built in the Ming Dynasty
- This famous pass along the Great Wall of China boasts ancient towers, temples and creates a circular stronghold sided by mountains
- Visit the Ming Tombs, a World Heritage Site collection of mausoleums bearing Ming dynasty emperors
- Enjoy the convenience of hotel pick up and drop off via a private car with a professional driver
- Your English speaking guide will share fascinating insights about each stop
For travelers who are looking to expand their knowledge of China's cultural history, the tour can help sate your needs. Away from the usual beaten paths of tourists, you will be visiting two vital cultural sites in Beijing on this day tour. From your hotel pick up, you will head to the Juyongguan Great Wall. Situated on the Northern access point to Beijing in the Guangou Valley, it was built during the Ming Dynasty and designed to fend off attacks from the Mongolians. This area, restored in all its splendor, is considered as one of the most important of the Great Wall's sections, and it is well known for its dazzling natural surroundings. After lunch, you will visit the tombs of the emperors of the Ming Dynasty. The Ming Tombs themselves are mausoleums built by the Ming emperors. There are thirteen such tombs situated in Beijing in a cluster, specifically chosen for its favorable positioning according to the principles of feng sui. You'll discover all about the history of the emperors buried beneath these tombs and why this area is so vital. You'll head back to your hotel with fresh knowledge of the events of the Ming Dynasty, filled with the wonder of China's rich history.