Mumbai Dharavi Slum Walking Tour
A 3 hour guided tour to Asia's largest slum
- A 2 hour guided tour to discover a place that's alive with small scale industries and small residences
- Experience a wide range of businesses growing and thriving within the small are and see local commerce at work
- Gain a more insight on the various commercial transactions that take place within the area enjoy a local lunch afterwards!
- Feel the community spirit as you walk by the narrow alleys of Dharavi, and see how lives are lived everyday
- An English speaking guide will give you valuable information about the local culture and daily life
Tentang Aktivitas Ini
Mumbai's Dharavi Slum is more than what meets the eye. Once your initial apprehensions are cast aside, you can open your eyes to a growing hive of life, living, and small businesses. Upon meeting your guide, you will head into Dharavi, where you will be able to experience the every day ongoings of this unique area. Numerous small businesses are thriving in every corner, from exotic soaps and handmade cosmetics, to pottery and textiles. Throughout your walk, you'll see how everyday life plays out with the members of the community within it. You'll see how they go to work, make their food, go home, and interact with everyone around them in this community. Along the way, you'll also learn the value of recycling. You'll see sourcing, treatment and reselling in the recycling process. It's a truly eye-opening experience in Mumbai.