Klook Travel Technology Limited ('Klook', 'we', 'us', 'our') are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using Klook Platform and information about how you use Klook Platform including when you open your user account ('User Account'), visit Klook Platform or make reservations for any intended Services or using the Services. Providing your Personal Information to Klook is always on a voluntary basis. However, we might not be able to provide you with certain services if you choose not to give us your Personal Information. For example, we cannot open your user account or make reservations for you if we do not collect your name and contact details.
1) Opening Your User Account
- When you open with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
2) Visit Klook Platform, Making Reservations for the Services or Using the Services:
- (a) When you visit Klook Platform (even you have not registered an User Account or logged in), make reservations for any intended Services or use the Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below: Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us, and between you and the Operators;
- (b) Details of your usage of Klook Platform (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
- (c) Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by Klook relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by Klook;
- (d) Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to Klook Platform (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including unique device identifier), pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
Storage of Information
- When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information.
- We will endeavor to anonymise or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Klook does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent Klook has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Klook be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
- All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
- We process the Personal Information collected in as far as necessary for performance of the contract with and providing services to you. Besides, we process the other Personal Information collected on the basis of our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of the services and for direct marketing purposes.
- For example, Klook will use Personal Information and other data collected through Klook Platform or when making purchases for the Services to create your User Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve Klook Platform and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new Services and special offers.
- From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of Klook Platform, to assist us in improving Klook Platform, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
Disclosure of Information
- We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- 2) If you are a visitor, to the relevant Operator in connection with a Services which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for.
- 3) If you are an Operator, to any visitor in connection with the Services you are offering.
- 4) To our third party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- 5) If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- 6) Within the Klook group of companies. In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business.
- 7) To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of Klook.
- 8) In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
- We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, in some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
- Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country and outside of the European Union, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Klook will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place. Such safeguards include but are not limited to (i) standard contractual clauses of the European Commission; (ii) the EU-US and Switzerland-US privacy shield; and/or (iii) any other appropriate cross-border transfer mechanisms.
- Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. When you visit our Website, we collect some of your Personal Information transmitted to us by your browser via cookies. This enables you to access Klook Platform and helps us to create better user experience for you. You will find more details about cookies and similar technologies that we use, in our Cookies Policy.
- You may at all times access, correct or erase your Personal Information through Klook Platform via the user portal, under “My Account”. Alternatively, you may make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email at email@example.com. You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
- When handling any of these requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.
European General Data Protection Regulation
- Klook Travel Technology Ltd has designated Klook Travel Technology BV (Weesperstraat 61 1018VN Amsterdam, Netherlands) as its representative in the European Union for the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you are within the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Last updated on: 10th April 2019.
Klook Price Guarantee
We’ll refund double the difference…if you find a cheaper price!
We know that one of the most important things for travelers is getting a fair price and not feeling ripped off. That’s why we constantly monitor our pricing to ensure that you get the best price available online and at your destination. We also make it a point to display honest pricing on all our deals, including all extra charges and taxes so you'll never have to worry about additional costs.
We’re so confident about our pricing that if you find a better price, we’ll refund DOUBLE the difference!
- So, if you:
- • Find a lower price (in the same currency) for the same tour or activity and notify us within 48 hours of booking, or
- • Arrive at your destination and find your booked tour or activity offered for a lower price
you can send us the details and we'll refund double the difference in the form of Klook Credits OR we’ll refund the full price difference to your card.
Yup, you read us right!
How to request a refund?
- It's simple and easy: obtain proof of the lower rate (receipt, price list, flyer, website, screenshot etc.), and email us at email@example.com with your name and booking number. We’ll add double the difference value to your account as Klook Credits, or refund the full price difference direct to your card.
Terms & Conditions
The ‘same tour or activity’ means that all inclusions and itineraries must be the same as the activity booked from Klook, this includes currency, number of people, scheduling, operator, pick up locations, ticket usage (printed or mobile voucher), ticket validity (fixed date or open date), package booked, ticket type, instant or non instant confirmation, etc. The product may be sold by another channel, however it must be the same product as offered by Klook.
- • Products must be sold by official channels and registered travel agencies.
- • This guarantee does not include any city or airport transfers.
- • This guarantee does not include multi-day tours.
- • Due to select operator restrictions, 'Klook Price Guarantee' only applies to activities that display this tag on the activity page.
- • Klook's Best Price Guarantee covers retail rates available to the general public. This does not include discounts you may receive (or be eligible for) from third-party organizations or special offers made as part of a membership program, corporate discount, promotion, group or rewards program.
- • If you find a cheaper price before arriving at your destination, you must notify us within 48 hours of your original booking, or have dated proof that the cheaper price was found within 48 hours of your original booking.
- • Klook reserves the right to verify details of the lower price where possible, all refund decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Klook.
- • Refunds of the price difference will be transacted to the credit card used in the original booking.
- • If you used Klook credits or a promo code when making your booking, you will receive a refund of twice the difference from the original Klook price, not the discounted price