Grandma's Vietnamese Home Cooking Class
- Discover Vietnam's unique culinary heritage and practices with this fun, group cooking class in Hoi An!
- Make popular Vietnamese dishes such as Banh Xeo, a small rice flour crepe stuffed with various ingredients
- Take a leisurely boat ride to a small island on Hoi An's River Delta, where you will meet your host, a local family
- Join the bike tour and explore the countryside and see the famous basket boats and other artisanal trades
- Explore a local market and get to know the locals by participating in the exciting market tour
- Two different kinds of menus available: vegetarian and non-vegetarian, and bring home a cute recipe book
What to expect
Get the culinary experience of a lifetime with this fun and exciting group cooking class in Hoi An, where you'll discover Vietnam's unique cultural heritage and practices that give their cuisine its distinct flavors. Meet up with your group at 61 Ngo Quyen Street, then immediately depart for your classroom, located on a small island in Hoi An's River Delta. Enjoy a peaceful boat ride to the island, and bask in the quiet surroundings for the duration of the journey. You can also choose to have a chat with your fellow classmates and English-speaking instructor instead! Once you arrive, meet the local family who will serve as your hosts for the class, then take a few minutes to savor a refreshing welcome drink served with some fresh fruits. Before the class officially begins, visit a local herb garden and learn how to make your own rice milk/paper the traditional way. Get detailed instructions on how to make four different Vietnamese dishes: Banh Xeo, a rice flour crepe stuffed with tasty ingredients, grilled pork skewers, papaya salad, and a fish dish. On a vegetarian diet? The cooking class also offers an alternative menu to cater to your dietary needs! After the class ends, taste the fruits of your labors in the family's garden, where you'll get to to know your hosts and your classmates and maybe even sample each other's dishes. If you want to further immerse yourself in the local culture, you can choose to participate in the optional bicycle or market tours, or do both if you're feeling adventurous!