Mumbai Local Foods & Spice Bazaar Day Tour
Discover culinary fare with hygenic street-side foods and beverages!
- The ultimate day tour for foodies looking to explore the city's cultural diversity through food!
- Snack at different parts of the city where you savor local favorites and home style food from all over the country
- Visit an Indian spice bazaar and even buy some spices for yourself!
- Get a quick visit to iconic parts of the city such as Dhobi ghaat , Crawford Market, C.S.T train station and Gateway of India
- Dine at a traditional restaurant and eat dessert from a 80 year old local dessert shop!
- An English speaking guide as well as hotel pick up and drop off in areas between Colaba-Andheri and Colaba-Kurla-Powai are provided
What to expect
Foodies visiting Mumbai will have an amazing day sampling the very best foods that the city has to offer with this day tour! From your hotel, you'll be brought to the Indian Spice Market, which is a marvelous location that introduces you to a vast array of spices. The range of spices both whole and ground down, both local and popular blends, have made Mumbai famous. While here, you'll visit local snacks from fine street food vendors and even visit a family restaurant that gives you delicious traditional homestyle snacks. Your trip then takes you to Dhobi Ghaat, the biggest open air laundry in Asia, so you can try some tasty masala chai made of ginger and spices, before you take a train to South Mumbai to Chowpatty Beach. Here, you'll sample local delicacies like Sevpuri, Paani puri, Bhel puri (a dish made of puffed rice, vegetables and tamarind sauce), and Pav Bhaaji for the curry afficionados. After eating your fill, you'll make stops at the CST train station, Gateway of India, and Crawford Market where you'll be able to shop for items you'd like to take home with you. Dinner follows at a famous family restaurant with traditional Indian specialty dishes. Your day of sampling culinary delights is capped by dessert at an 80-year-old dessert shop. A truly amazing journey that will get your taste buds tingling!
Things to note
- Since this is a food tour, please do not eat a lot beforehand
- It is highly recommended to give a tip at the end of the tour as a gesture of appreciation