Polynesian Spa Hot Pools in Rotorua
- Experience the award-winning Polynesian Spa, one of Rotorua's most famous hot springs, spa and pool
- You will have up to 3 hours to experience an indulgent retreat in New Zealand’s original geothermal bathing experience whilst nestled by the shores of the majestic Lake Rotorua
- The waters at Polynesian Spa are sourced from two natural springs and fed into 28 hot mineral pools, to relieve tired muscles, aches, and pains, whilst nourishing the skin
- Get exclusive access to both acidic and alkaline natural mineral springs, and unique spa therapies you won’t find anywhere else in the world!
What to Expect from Polynesian Spa in Rotorua
Had a long and tiring day of sightseeing around Rotorua? Unwind inside the famous Polynesian Spa, a highly touted institution known for its unique and relaxing baths.
Home to mineral waters sourced from the slightly acidic Priest Spring and alkaline Rachel Spring, you can soak for hours, for an unbeatable experience you won't find in any other spa.
Situated on the shores of the gorgeous Lake Rotorua, the geothermal baths are well-loved by the locals because its soothing hot waters can eliminate the toxins on your skin, assuage the tensions of your muscles, loosen your bones, and quell any unease that your soul may have.
You’ll be able to enjoy breathtaking views of it as you relax inside a pool. Visiting this spa is definitely a must for those looking to take a break from touring around New Zealand.
Things to note
- It is advised anyone with an underlying medical or health condition to consult their doctor should they have any queries regarding the use of hot pools
- Recognised swimwear must be worn at all times whilst bathing in the pools. Street clothing and underwear is not permitted
- It is recommended to keep jewellery and other valuables at home to avoid misplacing, losing or leaving them behind. The operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage of personal property
- Mineral water will tarnish silver jewellery and some gold. Please remove all jewellery before entering the pools as the oprator accepts no responsibility for any tarnished jewellery
- Prolonged immersion in the hotter pools may cause dehydration and fainting. When exiting the pool, take care and use the hand rails provided
- It is recommended not to stay in hotter water for more than fifteen minutes at a time
- Alternate to cooler pools and maintain a regular intake of fluids
- All surfaces are slippery when wet. Please do not run and take care in wet areas
- Polynesian Spa is a non-smoking spa
- Alcohol and glassware is not permitted in pool areas. It is not recommended to bath after consuming alcohol
- Children under 12 years of age will not be admitted unless accompanied by an adult
- Children under eight years of age must be actively supervised at all times by a caregiver aged 16 or over. ‘Actively’ means you must be in the water with your child at all times and being able to provide immediate assistance
- All infants must wear bathing suits or disposable nappies. You are recommened to keep them in lower temperature pools to ensure they do not overheat and to actively supervise them at all times
- Remember to protect yourself with sunscreen