Explore Bangkok on a Budget!
Bangkok is a vibrant city filled with delicious food, hospitable people, beautiful landscapes and exciting shopping! With all of that waiting for you – it’s about time you start planning out your trip to this surprising destination!
To help you out, we’ve narrowed down all the top destinations and activities for you to try – all for $320! Keep reading to find out how we made this possible.
1. Roundtrip Flights
Photo credits: Sebastian Stephan Thief on Flickr
There are multiple flights offered each day from Singapore to Bangkok. However, opting for budget airlines such as Scoot or Air Asia would be the optimum choice if you’re trying to stay on a budget. True to their rep, the prices range from $121- $265 round trip!
#Klooktip: You can check out SkyScanner to compare prices and choose the cheapest option that is favorable to your budget and schedule.
Photo credits: thecottagebangkokairport.com
Hostels have been long associated with backpackers and solo travelers. Nowadays, it has won popularity among families and friends who are looking to stay on a budget. Booking accommodations in hostels or bed spaces such as Chic Hostel and The Cottage Suvarnabhumi are some of the places where you can save some cash – costing you only around $50 – $68 for both nights.
That’s not all, we’ve curated a list of budget hotels and poshtels in Bangkok that are wallet-friendly!
3. Travel Essentials
Photo credits: John Linton on Flickr
- 4G SIM Card – An absolute essential for navigating your way through the city, and staying connected! Getting around unfamiliar places is made so much easier with 4G connections.
- Shared Airport Transfer – No matter what time you’ll be arriving, Klook’s Shared Airport Transfer is easily one of the most convenient ways to arrive at your accommodation and back – no matter what the hour!
- BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card – Travel at ease around the city! Skip all the traffic and travel by train for an even more affordable price – with rates starting at 15 bhat per stop! Plus if you purchase from Klook, your BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card already includes 200 bhat too!
Pick up your travel essentials at the Suvarnabhumi Airport!
Upon completing immigration and claiming your bags, you will be able to purchase or pick-up your travel essentials at the airport. Refer to the list below for Suvarnabhumi Airport pick up locations, and the linked product pages for other pick up locations:
- DTAC Counter at BKK Suvarnabhumi Airport – DTAC Counter (Arrival Hall)
- Location: 2nd Floor between Gate 6 and Gate 7
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Smile WiFi Airport Service Counter
- Location: Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK), B1 Floor
- Opening hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Location: B Floor, RC6 (next to Airport Rail-Link Station), Suvarnabhumi (BKK) Airport.
- Pick up time: 8:00am-11:00pm (Pick ups are not available outside of this schedule)
- BKK Suvarnabhumi Airport (Klook Counter)
- Klook counter is located at B Floor, RC6 (next to Airport Rail-Link Station), Suvarnabhumi (BKK) Airport. Please see maps below
- Present your Klook voucher to any Klook staff at the booth to have them scan your QR code for redemption. Collect your physical ticket here
- Pick up time: 8:00am-11:00pm.
4. Travel Apps
- Klook – Find the best Bangkok travel destinations and activities at the tip of your fingers. From dinner reservations, temple admission tickets, airport transfers, and more! This app is available in both the App Store and Google Play.
- Thai By Nemo – This app equips you with a few native Thai words such as ‘hello’ or ‘how much?’, which can come in handy when you’re having a difficult time communicating with the locals.
- XE Currency – You no longer need to tickle your brains or bring out a calculator to convert your currency in baht because XE Currency allows you to do just that. It helps you figure out how much you’re spending, and for some more good news, you don’t need an internet connection to use this app.
- BTS Skytrain – BTS Skytrain helps you navigate Bangkok. It lets you know what’s around you in case you’re looking for some place to eat, some place to shop, or some place to rest. In addition, it calculates your expenditure getting from place to place, which is why this app helps getting around Bangkok much easier.
7:00 AM – 6:30 PM: Thailand Floating Markets Tour – $32.45
Get an immersive introduction to the city’s top attractions and floating markets with a professional guide. With this tour, you get to discover many of Bangkok’s classic tours and experience all in one day! Famous attractions such as Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Maeklong Railway Market, Wat Bang Kung, Thai Boxing Temple, and finally the Asiatique Riverfront all in one day are included in this tour.
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Classic Thai Dinner at Savoey Restaurant in Bangkok – $40.55
The best part of Bangkok is the food! So while you’re here, be sure you take every opportunity to eat delicious Thai meals. A top-notch culinary experience can be had at Savoey Restaurant in Bangkok, an establishment that has been at the forefront of Thailand’s culinary scene for over 45 years. While you’re here, be sure to order the crab, pineapple fried rice, and oyster omelette to name a few.
You’re bound to over order with how delicious everything is – fortunately for you we’ve got a discount voucher on Klook! You can book a THB1000 voucher through our website or App for less than the original price and munch on all of the restaurant’s best selling dishes!
9:00 PM: Thai Massage and Spa – $8.51
After a long, activity-filled day, it’s time for your well-deserved R&R. You can pamper yourself after a day of traveling around Bangkok and experience one of the best spa services in the city with One More Thai. Sit back and enjoy a foot massage, a Thai aromatic oil massage, herbal compress, or a head-and-shoulder massage. Conveniently located just a few meters away from Chit Lom Station of Bangkok Mass Transit System or Skytrain, your wellness escape is just around the corner.
8:30 AM: Ayutthaya Day Tour from Bangkok – $44.65
See and experience the best of Ayutthaya in this full-day adventure from Klook! The historical city was once the capital of the Kingdom of Siam, so it’s no surprise that it is home to some of the most majestic palaces and ancient ruins in Thailand. The locations you’ll get to visit in this tour include the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace and several ruins at the Ayutthaya Historical Park. Transportation to each location and a professional guide will accompany you throughout the Ayutthaya Full Day Tour for a worry-free time.
Feel like royalty as you get to know the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace that was once used by many Thai kings. It is a breathtaking complex situated beside the Chao Phraya River.
Ayutthaya Floating Market
is an authentic ride through Thai culture. Each stall is filled up with beautiful handicrafts, accessories, souvenirs, and loaded with a whole lot of food!
2:00 PM: Explore Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, and Wat Lokayasutharam
Explore the grounds of the historical Ayutthaya city and marvel at its collection of ruins including temples, monasteries, and more.
Take a beautiful sunset boat ride and admire Bangkok’s quaint artifacts such as the Wat Phanan Choeng, Wat Phuttaisawan, and Wat Chaiwatthanaram.
11:30 AM: Heavy lunch at You & I Premium Buffet – $18
After yesterday’s full day tour – sleep in and opt for an early lunch or brunch. A popular option would be the You & I Premium Buffet which offers a wide variety of food options! If you book on Klook, you can get a discount on your meal – and what can be better than that! You can choose from a variety of buffet options such as standard buffet, premium buffet, super premium buffet, or a standard buffet for four.
3:00 PM: Last minute shopping + Make Me Mango >$3.10
Bangkok is known for a thriving shopping scene with night markets and elaborate malls literally lining the streets. Filled with souvenirs you can take home, jewelries, kitschy items, you will surely never run out of things to buy in Bangkok! A couple of the malls you need to visit include Chatuchak Market, Platinum Mall, and MBK Center.
If you’re shopping at Central World, The Market, King Power Rangnam, or Thatien, you’ll surely want to get a refreshing drink after all that shopping! A local favorite and one we highly recommend is Make Me Mango’s delicious mango drinks and desserts! Book you Make Me Mango voucher on Klook and get a discount on your order!
*Cost for these are subject to change and are based on lowest rates found for this month.
Save more on your Bangkok trip
From now till the end of 2019, make sure to cart out all your Bangkok activities and save $30 or $70 with either <EXPLORE30> or <EXPLORE70> Minimum spending is set at $300 and $550 respectively. For those fresh to Klook, key in <EXPLORENEW> and save 12% off!