Kaikoura Fishing Experience
- Go on an immersive fishing trip around the South Bay, Kaikoura - only 2.5 hours away from Christchurch
- Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the mountains and the sea during your tour
- Spot the different sea birds that inhabit the Kaikoura coastline, and some dolphins and orcas if you're lucky!
- Catch lobsters and crayfish and get the chance to take one home to cook for yourself!
What to Expect from Kaikoura Fishing Tours
Take a scenic drive from Christchurch to Kaikoura, a charming coastal town on the South Island of New Zealand. Famous for its abundant wildlife and rich sea resources, Kaikoura is a choice destination for those looking for an excellent fishing experience. When you get to the meet up point at South Bay Fishing Charters, you'll meet Captain Ian who will guide you through your fishing journey. Hop aboard the boat from the South Bay marina and travel for 10 minutes to the fishing grounds. On the way there, don’t forget to take a look at the crayfish pots and see if you've caught any lobsters while the captain tells you all about this famous Kaikoura delicacy. Whether you're a first time fisher or skilled with the rod, you'll definitely enjoy an effortless fishing experience when you use the electric reels designed for your comfort and safety. Be ready to press stud some photos - you're sure to be joined by some seabirds during your trip. At the end of your trip, you can choose to either release your catch back into the ocean or have one filleted and bagged, ready for you to take home, cook and enjoy.
Things to note
- It is recommended to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and medicine for motion sickness