Kombucha Workshop (Basic and Masterclass)
- Heard all about kombucha and would love to try brewing your own?
- Learn from the experts at Craft & Culture, Singapore's number one kombucha brewery!
- With over 20 years of fermentation experience, hear more about how to prevent mould from forming and how to brew tasty and delicious kombuchas the right way!
- We will explore the science and chemistry behind working with live cultures to make fermented drinks, understand the benefits of probiotics, as well as learn important tips for achieving a safe and delicious brew
What to expect
In the 2-Hour Beginner’s workshop, we will cover up to the First Ferment 1F:
- Why Bacteria are more crucial than thought
- How are bacteria helpful for good health
- Fermentation and probiotics
- Sterile techniques so as to prevent the formation of harmful microbes that could jeopardize your brew.
- What can we find in kombucha that makes it so special?
- Learn the basics of how to make kombucha
- What Not to do (Very important)
- Tasting of various flavoured kombucha
Next, for Participants who sign up for the The Master Class, we will proceed to take the next hour to learn the intricacies of the Second Ferment 2F:
- The art of tea selections and blends + tea tasting
- How to prepare for Second Fermentation
- How to flavour kombucha - 3 ways with 3 different results!
- How to make fizzy kombuchas - a healthy soda alternative
- We will also make 1 Kombucha-related item to take home-and show you how to incorporate novel uses of Kombucha in our daily lives