JR Sanyo-San'in Area Pass (7 Days)
- Easily get around regions in Sanyo including Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Hiroshima, and more with this JR pass!
- With the JR Sanyo-San’in Area Pass, you can also get ride coverage in places like Matsue, Hikone, Maibara, and more
- This pass covers wider areas and longer durations at an awesome value, exclusively for international travelers in Japan
- Enjoy Japan Rail’s cozy trains and get unlimited travel on this line for 7 whole days
Most recent review
What to expect
Once you're in Japan, redeem your voucher for a JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass that covers an extensive part of the Kansai region, the Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Hakata, conventional lines in Okayama and neighbouring regions, and even unlimited rides on a ferry to Miyajima! With the JR Sanyo Sanin Pass, you are able to travel between Osaka and Hakata with reserved seats at no additional cost. For a consecutive week, this pass will bring history buffs to Nara, Izumo, and everything in between, or take ocean lovers to the Sea of Japan and Seto Inland Sea. For first time travelers in Japan, you can even hit major sites like Kyoto, Osaka, and Hiroshima. Wherever you prefer, this JR Sanyo Sanin Pass has you covered for the most affordable and convenient travels throughout Japan!
Things To Note
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Depart to Japan 3 months from booking date: Your exchange voucher will be issued instantly after booking
- Depart to Japan more than 3 months from booking date: Your exchange voucher will be issued 3 months before your departure date
- Valid only for non-Japanese passport holders with a "Temporary Visitor" Visa stamp on the passport. Non-Japanese passport holders with a permanent residence in Japan cannot use this product
- Secure a Temporary Visitor Stamp at immigration to be eligible for a JR Pass. Do not pass through the automated gates, as no stamp will be applied
- Japanese passport holders who have been residing outside of Japan for 10+ years are eligible to use a JR pass if they have 1) a valid Japanese passport and 2) a Copy of Overseas Residential Registration/Certificate of Overseas Residence from the Japanese embassy or legation of Japan in your foreign country of residence
- Visit the official website for more information about JR Pass eligibility
- Child ticket: Age 6-11
- 2 children (aged 1-5) may travel free of charge when accompanied by an adult rail pass holder given that they do not occupy a seat, but a third child will require a child rail pass
- Children under 12 months old may travel free of charge
- View this Sanyo-San’in Area Pass Map to see transport services and routes covered by this pass
Make a Booking
Q: I’m confused…what’s the difference between the voucher, exchange order, and JR Pass?
A: The redemption process for the JR pass is complicated. Please see the definition of the following terms:
- Klook Voucher: You receive this voucher after completing your booking on the Klook website or app. You only need this to redeem a JR Pass Exchange Order (sometimes also referred to as a voucher or MCO on other websites) at one of our Klook pick up points. If you have chosen a mail option, this will not apply to you. (Please note that this Klook voucher CANNOT be used in Japan to redeem for the actual JR Pass) (See an example of a Klook Voucher)
- JR Pass Exchange Order (Physical Document or MCO): You will receive this at one of the Klook pick up points or by mail, depending on your checkout options. You MUST have this exchange order before leaving for Japan to exchange for the actual JR pass once you arrive. (See an example of a JR Pass Exchange Order (MCO))
- JR Pass: This is the actual pass you will use on the transportation systems in Japan. You MUST exchange for this pass in Japan with the physical Exchange Order described above. You will need both the exchange order and the original passport associated with the order to redeem the actual JR Pass. The pass can be redeemed at the JR Pass Ticket Offices located in airports and local stations
Q: I'm confused...what dates should I put in the calendar when booking?
A: The date you select when booking is the date of your departure to Japan. If you intend to pick up your Exchange Order at the pick up counters, please note the counter opening hours. For Exchange Order deliveries, mailing will take 7 business days (holidays are not counted)
Q: I would like to change from X JR Pass to Y JR Pass, how can I do this?
A: Unfortunately, you can not change from X JR Pass to Y JR Pass. Please make sure you select the correct JR Pass before checking out
Q: I haven't received my confirmation yet! Help!
- Depart to Japan 3 months from booking date: Confirmations may sometimes require up to 24 hours to process due to security verification. If your booking has not been confirmed after 24 hours, please contact us via Ask Klook
- Depart to Japan more than 3 months from booking date: Your exchange voucher will be confirmed and issued 3 months before your departure date
Q: I would like to book a pass for XXX date, but this day does not show up on your calendar. What should I do?
A: Dates that are grayed out are not yet available for purchase
Q: Is it possible to collect the exchange order (MCO) today?
A: Same day bookings are not possible. Bookings must be made at least 3-6 business days in advance. Please be sure that you have enough time to pick up or receive your exchange voucher before departing for Japan
Q: How do I pick up my JR pass?
A: Please note that JR Rail has many separate entities such as JR East, JR Central, JR Hokkaido, etc. Depending on the pass you buy, you will have to go to that specific company’s office to redeem your pass. The JR Rail Pass is only issued domestically in Japan. When you order on Klook, you will have the exchange order (MCO) sent to your account before arriving in Japan. Once you have arrived in Japan, you will exchange the exchange order (MCO) for the actual rail pass at an official JR Rail Office (located at most major airports and rail stations in Japan)
Q: I ordered the pass on the Klook website or app, but have not received an exchange voucher yet. When will it come?
- Depart to Japan 3 months from booking date: Confirmations may sometimes require up to 24 hours to process due to security verification. If your booking has not been confirmed after 24 hours, please contact us via Ask Klook. Exchange voucher will be delivered to you within 3-6 business days.
- Depart to Japan more than 3 months from booking date: Your exchange voucher will be confirmed and delivered to you 3 months before your departure date
Q: I live in Hong Kong, where is the pick up location for the Exchange Orders?
A: We have 2 pick up locations in Hong Kong:
- Hong Kong International Airport Arrivals Area, Terminal 1, Counter A13. Opening hours: 7:00am-11:00pm, daily
- Central: Klook Office, 24/F, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central. Opening hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00am-1:30pm and 2:30pm-7:00pm (closed on public holidays)