Giant Panda Base and Leshan Buddha Tour from Chengdu
- Book through Klook and go on a tour to see two of the most popular areas in China’s Sichuan province!
- Visit Chengdu’s Giant Panda Base and hear stories about pandas and their significance to the country
- You’ll see a wide variety of pandas. If you’re lucky, you might even see baby pandas in the nursery area
- Drop by Leshan, which is called the City of Gastronomy because of the diverse Sichuan dishes found there
- If you have some extra cash with you, make sure to sample a lot of tasty Leshan meals and street food
- Marvel at the Leshan Buddha and listen to tales about Chinese Buddhist culture from your tour guide
What to expect
If you happen to be visiting Chengdu during your trip to China and if you love panda bears as well as have a fascination for Buddhism, then you’re in luck! Book through Klook and go on a tour to visit Chengdu’s Giant Panda Base and visit the city of Leshan to see its famous Giant Buddha! You’ll begin your tour by visiting the panda wonderland. There, you can marvel at all the majestic and adorable panda bears calling it home. As you move along, you’ll surely spot a variety of these herbivorous creatures, such as the common black and white pandas, red pandas, and even baby pandas in the base’s nursery area. You’ll also learn about why the base was established and learn about the significance of these bears to the country. After that, you’ll head for Leshan, the City of Gastronomy. There, you’ll have the chance to try out a wide variety of Sichuan dishes, so make sure to bring a lot of cash so you can have a hearty feast on scrumptious plates or munch on street food. This city is not just famous for its food. It’s also the home of the famous Leshan Giant Buddha, a looming 71-foot tall statue that sits in between two cliff faces. Your fun and engaging tour guide will tell you tales about Chinese Buddhist culture and trivia regarding the creation and carving of the gargantuan idol. This tour is definitely a must for any person touring around Chengdu.
Things to note
- Please note that the Giant Panda Base and the Leshan Giant Buddha area can get very crowded during Chinese public holidays. You may want to schedule your tour before or after those holidays