Kamikochi Day Trip from Tokyo
- Relax and take a leisurely stroll at scenic Kamikochi mountain resort
- Feel the cool breeze of the temperatures when you visit between May and November
- Enjoy the lush flora and fauna from Azusagawa, Daisho and the Myojin Pond of Kamikochi!
- Spot the wild Japanese macaque monkey, or snow monkey, which is a native specie in Japan
- Treat yourself to a delicious bento meal in the open air of Kamikochi's fine weather
What to expect
Nestled in the Northern Japan Alps of Nagano Prefecture is the beautiful Kamikochi scenic area. With its rich natural beauty which is composed of the rocky mountains of Hotakadake, the clear streams of the Azusa River, and the lush riverside forests, this scenic attraction is frequented by millions of locals and tourists from around the world. Take a day trip to Kamikochi from Tokyo onboard a comfortable bus to see and experience the Japanese natural scenery. Kamikochi is part of the Chubu Sangaku National Park and is one of the most accessible attractions in the park. Here you can enjoy the picturesque distant mountains blanketed in snow during the winter season, or the much closer riverside green forest. Take many photos you and your friends at the lovely Kappa Bridge which is built over the crystal clear Azusa River. From the Kappa Bridge, you will then enter the scenic forest where you'll find hiking trails that lead up to surrounding mountains. The best way to enjoy your trip in Kamikochi is by taking a leisurely hike along the Azusa River from Taisho Pon to Myojin Bridge. Don't worry, the terrain is mostly flat, and requires no expert hiking experience. Make your trip to Japan worthwhile by going on a trip to one of the best scenic spots in the country.
Things to note
- Please put on casual wear and comfortable shoes
- At Kamikochi, temperature between June and August is around 20℃. Please bring warm clothing in case of coolness
- Please prepare rain gear in case the weather changes in the mountain area