The Battlebox Tour: A Story of Strategy and Surrender
- Don't miss the No. 1 Museum in Singapore and winner of TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards from 2016-2020!
- Explore The Battlebox, a former WWII British underground command centre in Singapore
- Learn about the true causes behind 'the worst disaster and largest capitulation in British history'
- Discover how the underground command centre functioned during World War II
- Admission only through guided tours and self-exploration after guided tour
What to expect
Explore the top secret Battlebox where Lieutenant-General Percival and his senior officers directed the Battle of Singapore in World War II. Venture into this authentic underground command centre 9 metres underground with an expert docent to lead the way. Discover the labyrinth of rooms and corridors and view authentic wartime artefacts. Watch the war unfold on land and on sea, follow the battles in the air, and discover the tension and drama behind the decision to surrender the much-vaunted ‘Singapore Fortress’ on 15 February 1942. For those with an adventurous spirit and a penchant for self-discovery, Battlebox now allows visitors to explore the bunker on their own after the guided tour! Embrace your bold side and step into this 1930s war bunker. You will come away with an unforgettable experience and a deeper understanding of the Fall of Singapore
Things to note
What To Wear:
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes