Treat yourself to a DIY face mask in an instant!
Give your skin the TLC it needs with some homemade face masks! Since you've got limited access to skin clinics at the moment, might as well pop into your kitchen for an at home facial. Trust us, these easy to make masks will give you the Korean glass skin you've always aspired to have in 15-30 minutes. Check them out below!
1. Turmeric Mask: Brightening + Acne
Looking for a sure shot way to make those acne scars disappear? Turmeric is the answer! This brightening mask has been a classic DIY mask recipe for years, so might as well give it a try!
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Mix all ingredients
- Apply to face
- Leave on on for 15 minutes
NOTE: Turmeric stains, so be sure to wash off after 15-30 minutes!
2. Blackhead Pore Strip: Removal of Dead Skin, Grime and Dirt
If you’ve ever tried looking for a Biore Pore Strip dupe, this DIY gelatin face mask can do the trick for you. Although it’s a stink bomb, this mask does wonders to remove your blackheads.
- 1 tbsp. unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp milk (any milk will work for this mask)
- Optional: 4-6 drops of tea tree oil
- Optional: ½ tbsp honey
- Place 1 tbsp. unflavored gelatin powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the 2 tbsp. milk to the powder and mix with a spoon.
- Optional: 4-6 drops of tea tree oil and ½ tbsp of honey for added skin care benefits
- Heat the gelatin mixture for 10 seconds in the microwave
- Dip your fingers into the bowl, and coat your face with the gelatin.
- Leave the gelatin mask on your face for 30 minutes or until it dries completely. The mask will feel stiff when dried.
- Pull the mask off. As the gelatin comes off the skin, it will take the dirt, dead skin cells and clogs with it.
Tip: Place on face immediately after heating and mixing because it hardens quickly
Warning: Use clear, unflavored gelatin. Colored gelatin may stain skin.
3. Oatmeal Mask for Eczema
If you have eczema, you’re no newbie to inflamed, itchy, red skin. This oatmeal mask has just the right ingredients and properties that can protect and soothe your irritated skin.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Apply and lather on face or body.
- Wash after 15-20 minutes.
4. Honey and Sugar Mask for Dry, Chapped Lips
Remove those dead skin cells while hydrating your lips with this lip sugar mask! Sugar is gentle on skin, has antioxidant properties, and protects your skin from toxins.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Put in any container, but preferably a recycled balm container
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to solidify
- Gently scrub on lips
- Wipe off with a nice warm wash cloth
- Finish off with your favorite lip balm or oil
5. Yogurt + Oatmeal Mask for Dull, Dry Skin
Yogurt has science-backed health benefits not only for your digestive health, but also for your skin. Its said to brighten, tone, treat acne, and moisturize too!
- Mix the plain yogurt with oatmeal and honey
- Leave on for 15 minutes
- Wash off
6. Matcha + Aloe Mask: Inflammation and Acne
Matcha isn’t only great for food and beverages, but it also contains a high amount of chlorophyll that removes toxins. Together with aloe vera that has a handful of benefits as mentioned earlier, this mask also aids in fighting acne and inflammation.
- 2 tablespoons fresh aloe (or, in a pinch, aloe vera gel)
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon powder
- Hot water
- Squeeze aloe vera extract from leaf and put in bowl
- Add matcha green tea powder
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon
- Add water
- Mix together
- Leave on face or affected area for 15 minutes
7. Coffee Exfoliation Mask
Caffeine in coffee grounds increases the blood flow, which promotes cell turnover and helps brighten the skin, while adding coconut oil helps moisturize and nourish the skin!
- ¼ cup Coffee grounds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix coffee grounds and coconut oil together
- Apply on face or body for 15-20 minutes
Tip: You can apply this all over your body too!
8. Avocado + Mango Mask: Brightening
Avocado and mango are the key ingredients in this DIY face mask. Avocado contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins that have brightening and plumping effects on the skin. Mango is also packed with Vitamin C, while olive oil and honey wor to gently calm the skin.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of avocado
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 mashed mango
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Leave on for 15 minutes
- Remove with a warm cloth