The Big Binondo Food Wok
- Eat your way around the most intimate alleys of Binondo, Manila's historic Chinatown
- Learn all about the history of the area from your specialist foodie guide as you feast on specialty treats
- Try mouth-watering local neighborhood dishes like lumpiao, siopao, pancit, champoy, and more!
- Get to know the people of the local Tsinoy community as you explore the area with your group
- Bring home some souvenirs from a local store that specializes in tasty Chinese delicacies
What to expect
Treat your taste buds to a gastronomic feast with this 3.5-hour food tour of Binondo, the world's oldest Chinatown located in the center of Manila. You'll meet up with your tour group at Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz, more than 400 years old and commonly known as Binondo Church, before you begin exploring the area's busy streets. Learn about the history of the area from your foodie tour guide, who will take you to popular landmarks in the area like Plaza Calderon dela Barca, Basilica de San Lorenzo Ruiz, and Ongpin Street. As you make your way through Chinatown, you'll also get to snack on some tasty snacks from the local vendors! The menu varies day-to-day, depending on the guide and the group, but some of the tour's staple dishes are dumplings from Dong Bei, hopia, siopao, and lumpia. The tour ends with a stop at a local vendor known for selling delicacies, a perfect souvenir to bring home for friends and family!
Things to note
- At the end of the tour, the tour guide will bring you to a local store for delicacies that you can bring home. These delicacies will have to be paid for directly to the vendors