Chiang Mai City & Temples Half Day Tour by Tour East
Get that perfect introduction to Northern Thailand's cultural capital
- See the best of Chiang Mai and its finest sightseeing spots all in half a day!
- Feel the rich history preserved around you at Wat Chedi, an ancient structure dating back to 1411
- Drive up the hills to Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep and see breathtaking views of Chiang Mai's surrounding area
- Get a chance to take stunning photos of the magnificent scenery and history around you
- Enjoy convenient roundtrip transport from central Chiang Mai
Most recent review
What to expect
This half day tour from Tour East is the best opportunity to get a great overview of what Chiang Mai's rich cultural heritage. You'll head to Doi Suthep, a mountain in Chiang Mai which holds one of the most beautiful temples in the city, Wat Phra Thad Doi Suthep. This temple is legendary, with a deep history and has expanded from when it was founded in 1383. From this vantage point, you'll be able to see a vast panoramic view of Chiang Mai perfect for stunning photographs. The next visit will take you to Wat Chedi Luang. The other temple visited on this tour is Wat Suan Dok whose large central stupa contains Buddha relics which supposedly self-multiplied. The sprawling cultural history of these temples will be described to you by your professional English speaking guide, and give you a splendid look into what Chiang Mai has to offer.