Bulgaria Day Tour from Bucharest
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Take a field trip from Bucharest and join a day tour to the Balkan country of Bulgaria
- Visit the only inhabited monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff, St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery
- Explore Veliko Tarnovo, which was once the medieval capital of Bulgaria and see the Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification of the Middle Ages
- Find yourself transcending centuries through the medieval architectures of the Arbanasi Village
What to expect
Bulgaria is a melting pot for converging cultures ranging from Persian, Slavic, Greek, and more, that’s why visitors of Bucharest make it a point to stop over the beautiful country during their holiday. Not only filled with cultural treasures, but Bulgaria is also a haven for stunning landscapes and landmarks dating back as far as the Middle Ages. On this day tour, get to visit St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff, the Veliko Tarnovo, once known as the medieval capital and the home of Tsaravets Fortress, and the ancient Arbanasi Village where you’ll see breathtaking medieval architecture. History buffs will surely enjoy this exciting adventure as you’ll transcend through time by visiting historic sites and learning fun facts from your knowledgeable guide. Don’t miss the chance to discover the famous Balkan Nation when you join this historic day tour from Bucharest!