Walls of this Content: An Intramuros Interactive Walk
Go on a walking tour along the walls of old Manila
- Get to know Manila's unique history with a tour of Intramuros, known as "the walled city"
- Explore this historic site that dates more than 400 years with a local history aficionado
- Wander through various churches, plazas, city walls, tombstones, and even a scenic golf course!
- Listen to engaging and witty tales of rajahs, conquistadors, treasure ships, as well as battles and wars
- Discover interesting facts, fun trivia, and get an understanding of the country during the colonial full stop
What to expect from this Intramuros Tour
Get to know the long and dynamic history of Manila with this 2.5-hour tour of Intramuros, commonly known as "the walled city." Fillled with well-preserved relics of the past, with some dating all the way from its founding in 1571, it's the best place to learn about the country's experiences during and after foreign occupation. Meet up with your tour group at the Plaza de Roma, considered the center of this ancient city and host to various public events like bullfights during the Spanish colonial era. Learn about the unique history of the country as you explore the area with your local guide that speaks both English and Filipino. Hear fascinating stories about rajahs, conquistadors, treasure ships, as well as battles and wars as you visit a variety of local landmarks including Manila Cathedral, San Ignacio Ruins, and San Agustin Church and Monastery. Don't forget to take your souvenir photo on top of the walls before you leave the area!