Bacolod The Ruins, San Sebastian Cathedral, and City Tour
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Explore Bacolod City and discover why it's known as the City of Smiles
- Visit tourist spots like the Ruins in Bacolod, San Sebastian Cathedral, Laguerta Vintage Glass Museum, and more!
- Learn about Don Mariano and Maria Braga Lacson and their ancestral mansion built in the 1900s
- Listen to the history and cultural heritage of Bacolod city from your friendly local guide
- Enjoy the leisure and flexibility of this private group tour and the convenience of round-trip hotel transfers
What to expect at the Ruins Bacolod
Take a private cultural tour of Bacolod and see some of the city's most popular tourist attractions. You will first visit San Sebastian Cathedral, a Roman Catholic Church built in the nineteenth century. Then, just outside the church, is the Bacolod Plaza, which hosts the majority of the city's public gatherings. You'll be served one of the city's specialties for lunch, chicken inasal, or barbeque chicken. Next on the itinerary are The Pope John Paul II Tower, the Gallery of Masks, the Laguerta Vintage Glasses Museum, and, finally, the most anticipated attraction, The Ruins in Talisay. Sugar baron Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson and his Portuguese wife, Maria Braga, own the mansion, which was built in the 1900s. It was purposefully burned down by Filipino guerrillas during WWII so that Japanese forces would not be able to use it as their headquarters. Fortunately, the strong walls and foundation survived and can now be visited by a large number of tourists.